Сообщение Santan » 18 окт 2017, 08:45

For english speaking users
Santan
Старший боцман

Имя в игре: Santan
Раса: Орк

Re: For english speaking users

Сообщение Xbwalker » 18 окт 2017, 09:44

Hello everyone. It was suggested that I make a post here since the developers read these forums. I am going to do my best to outline some of the reasons that nearly all english speaking players no longer play this game in the hopes that it will encourage some future changes.

First of all, most of us really love the game. The concept is wonderful and, almost every patch pushes the game in the right direction. However, our chief complaint is not the game mechanics. It's the in game economy.

Nearly every english speaker has left for the same reasons. I will outline these below.

1. Gold depends entirely on real world money. This means that, you have an entire economy that can not operate without players putting real money into the game. For most Russian players, there is very little problem with finding a Russian guild to join and help them out. However, we have not been given the same advantage. About 30 of us stuck around when luckcatchers came to steam. We built our own small economy but, it was based on about 3 of us actually spending money. This economic model does not work with such a small player population. None of the in game economy should depend ONLY on real world money. If you want to encourage free to play players to spend time in the game, they have to feel they can achieve all that pay players can without spending money.

2. Time/Money - Players did not feel that their time was earning them enough money. The time we spent in the game was very fun when it came to combat and resource gathering but, our earnings from the time in game were so low, it didn't justify playing so many hours. Eventually, people got tired of spending many many hours with very little return. I have not been in the game for a few months so, this may have been resolved by now. I am unsure.

3. Buy/Sell - The NPC market was a mess when I left. We did the math and discovered that most products could only be sold to the NPCs at 1/50th the value of buying their raw materials. That made selling boards, plywood, iron bars, and others a waste of time. Selling raw resources isn't too bad but, you should increase the buy price of refined resources to encourage players to learn those skills.

Overall, the game is terrific. Most of us love the ingame mechanics and combat. It's really the economy that has scared nearly all english speakers away.

I have one other friendly suggestion. You should consider making this game Subscription based. Remove gold completely and re-work the economy so players can earn a living on silver only. The subscription would give them access to all skills and ships. Non subscribers would be allowed limited access to ships and skills which would allow them to play the game and encourage them to eventually subscribe.

Personally, I feel like making certain items ONLY obtainable with gold makes free players feel cheated and makes paying players feel like they pay too much. Nobody wins.

That's my opinion. I say all of the above in the hopes that the economy will be improved. We have many players who want to return but do not currently feel like it would be worth their time.

Thanks!

One last suggestion. Developers - Use the steam forums. We would love to talk to you over there. Even if you only speak Russian, you can use Google Translate. It isn't perfect but, it will get the point across.
Xbwalker
Юнга

Имя в игре: Xbwalker
Род занятий: Оружейник

Сообщение Лепрекон » 18 окт 2017, 10:22

Xbwalker писал(а):Hello everyone.

Thanks for your interest to the game. Glad to see you at our yellow forum.
I've got the point and agree with you in many ways.

I have one other friendly suggestion. You should consider making this game Subscription based. Remove gold completely and re-work the economy so players can earn a living on silver only. The subscription would give them access to all skills and ships. Non subscribers would be allowed limited access to ships and skills which would allow them to play the game and encourage them to eventually subscribe.

We are considering such options:
1) Change the method of distribution of the game from F2P to subscription (or even to the direct sale)
2) Exclude adding of gold to the world's economy by paying real money (gold can be bought only from NPC for silver)
However, to do this, we need to discuss the issue with Valve (as we have no right to change the method of distribution of the game from F2P to Subscribe/FlatFee by ourselves). And we need help of gamers with this (need make a poll in Steam forum and vote). This Steam requirement.

One last suggestion. Developers - Use the steam forums. We would love to talk to you over there. Even if you only speak Russian, you can use Google Translate. It isn't perfect but, it will get the point across.

Let's continue the discussion at the Steam forum?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/454540/di ... 776099376/
Лепрекон
распорядитель

Сообщение Xbwalker » 29 дек 2017, 07:24

Hello again friends. I have been playing with a few other English speakers. We had a long discussion about the many improvements in the past 6 months as well as a few things we feel are holding the game back. Below are some friendly suggestions.

1. Bring in missions. The achievements are MUCH better now. You should keep up the momentum and think about bringing in mission agents or NPCs that players can take missions appropriate for their level. Early in the game, the only way to make significant money is contracts. Missions could open up other income possibilities, specifically for PVE.

2. Make contracts specific to the player. What I mean is, instead of having a "pool" of contracts, make contracts only show up for the player. If the population increases, you are going to run into many issues with players fighting over available contracts. The current system works due to low population but, high population will make it terrible.

3. Set a basic price for gold/silver conversion. Every city buys and sells resources at a specific price and the players often offer better prices. You should do the same for gold. That way, players will have a common price to factor in when selling or buying gold/silver. The NPC price for gold should be somewhat undesirable so that players can offer a better deal. This will also protect new players from buying gold or silver that is insanely overpriced.

4. Voice tutorial. Every 6 months, I make new tutorial videos for the English speakers. I will be making new tutorials soon since so much has changed. It would be great if you could offer a tutorial in game with voice over. I am happy to help with that :)

5. Maybe raise the beginner ship's maximum altitude. The limit makes it especially hard to do contracts out of Beregor to the south.

6. Crystals. This last one is a suggestion. Don't allow new crystals to be fitted when a ship is in the air. This might make fights much shorter and more exciting. Players will have to be much more careful with how they PVP.

Oh. Here are a few friendly suggestions. These are not MAJOR issues but, it would be nice to see improvements.

1. "Load Ammo" button for ships. The button can evenly distribute ammunition to a weapon instead of us doing math. We are lazy haha.
2. "Follow Button" instead of "Move." I also mentioned this in the Steam forums.

One other note. PLEASE fix the English from NPC pirates. It is really bad. I mentioned this on Steam and haven't heard back. If you send me a list of all taunts and dialogue, I will happily fix them and make them more understandable in my language.

You guys are doing great. Much has been improved. I know I ask this way too much but, I'll ask again, When is the English server coming? I know 20-30 people who are interested in returning if they get a server for us. Thanks!
Xbwalker
Юнга

Имя в игре: Xbwalker
Род занятий: Оружейник

Сообщение AsNet » 29 дек 2017, 11:19

Xbwalker писал(а):Hello again friends. I have been playing with a few other English speakers. We had a long discussion about the many improvements in the past 6 months as well as a few things we feel are holding the game back. Below are some friendly suggestions.

Hello! Glad to see you!

Xbwalker писал(а):1. Bring in missions. The achievements are MUCH better now. You should keep up the momentum and think about bringing in mission agents or NPCs that players can take missions appropriate for their level. Early in the game, the only way to make significant money is contracts. Missions could open up other income possibilities, specifically for PVE.

Not only contracts. There are lots of possibilities. A player is given contracts depending on his character’s level.
Xbwalker писал(а):2. Make contracts specific to the player. What I mean is, instead of having a "pool" of contracts, make contracts only show up for the player. If the population increases, you are going to run into many issues with players fighting over available contracts. The current system works due to low population but, high population will make it terrible.

We analyze all the actions of the players. So far I ensure you that there are no problems. If needed, we always can enlarge the number of available contracts and reduce the time of them restoring. As we see it, the current system is optimal.
Xbwalker писал(а):3. Set a basic price for gold/silver conversion. Every city buys and sells resources at a specific price and the players often offer better prices. You should do the same for gold. That way, players will have a common price to factor in when selling or buying gold/silver. The NPC price for gold should be somewhat undesirable so that players can offer a better deal. This will also protect new players from buying gold or silver that is insanely overpriced.

I want to remind you that the price of louis d’or purchase in all the cities of the world is fixed. Each city buys 1 player’s louis d’or for 10 livres. The prices of resources are differ in the cities depending on how far from the capital it is.
Every player can create any lot for sale/purchase he considers necessary, of any in-game property.
Before making a deal, you should examine offer and demand and only then take actions. It’s all in the players’ hands. That’s them who create the market.
Xbwalker писал(а):4. Voice tutorial. Every 6 months, I make new tutorial videos for the English speakers. I will be making new tutorials soon since so much has changed. It would be great if you could offer a tutorial in game with voice over. I am happy to help with that :)

We are working to improve tutorial. Make your videos; if have some questions, feel free to ask.
Xbwalker писал(а):5. Maybe raise the beginner ship's maximum altitude. The limit makes it especially hard to do contracts out of Beregor to the south.

No, the maximum altitude of Mk2 series won’t be increased. The safest routs are along waters, they have nearly no dragons nearby and the altitude is acceptable.
Xbwalker писал(а):6. Crystals. This last one is a suggestion. Don't allow new crystals to be fitted when a ship is in the air. This might make fights much shorter and more exciting. Players will have to be much more careful with how they PVP.

There is no need to do this. The fights are interesting, dynamic, gripping. The ban on installing defense crystals won’t make them better, that will only do harm.
Xbwalker писал(а):Oh. Here are a few friendly suggestions. These are not MAJOR issues but, it would be nice to see improvements.

1. "Load Ammo" button for ships. The button can evenly distribute ammunition to a weapon instead of us doing math. We are lazy haha.

Don’t be lazy:) We have plans to introduce autonomous loading of ammo into a ship, similar to the one we have in strekolets.
Xbwalker писал(а):2. "Follow Button" instead of "Move." I also mentioned this in the Steam forums.

The name “Move” is more optimal.
Xbwalker писал(а):One other note. PLEASE fix the English from NPC pirates. It is really bad. I mentioned this on Steam and haven't heard back. If you send me a list of all taunts and dialogue, I will happily fix them and make them more understandable in my language.

Nice, send me your suggestions to my private messages or to the technical support address.
Xbwalker писал(а):You guys are doing great. Much has been improved. I know I ask this way too much but, I'll ask again, When is the English server coming? I know 20-30 people who are interested in returning if they get a server for us. Thanks!

We are working on this issue. If we have some news, for sure we will tell you.
AsNet
Лепрекон

Вернуться в Таверна